donate to the start talking campaign

proceeds stay in simcoe county


100% of all proceeds raised through the Start Talking Campaign will stay right here in our community! Your generosity is greatly appreciated and will help us ensure mental health is part of everyone’s health conversation. Start Talking!

are you an individual?

Build a healthier community and support an amazing cause. Join the growing number of mental health enthusiasts and advocates. Start Talking today!

donate now.

third party fundraising

Fundraise for the Canadian Mental Health Association, Simcoe County. Easily create your custom fundraising page, set your goal, and invite your family, friends, co-workers to join in the excitement.

submit your idea.

why support the Start Talking campaign?

  • Money raised in Simcoe county stays in Simcoe county
  • 33 625 people served in Simcoe County and Muskoka
  • Fully integrated services offered
  • How does my donation help?
    • Support activities of the RSVP Clubhouse
    • Paddison/Smith scholarship for client education and training opportunities
    • Client emergency fund
    • Education
      • Information materials
      • Youth education
      • Suicide Prevention
  • Civic pride
  • Ensuring their donation stays in their community
  • Allowing for the fund interest to be directed as they wish
  • Supporting innovative programs for children and families not funded through regular sources
  • Ensuring their donation remains in perpetuity, the capital will not be spent
  • Tax benefit
  • Between one in four and one in five Canadians has a mental illness. The need is great.

benefits to the community.

  • Maintaining local service advocacy
  • Keeping charitable gifts in community
  • Providing permanent sources of funding
  • Complementing, supporting, enhancing local leadership
  • Supporting programs important to them and where no funding exists
  • Recovery is possible from mental illness and addictions with the right support from the community, peers and agencies such as the Canadian Mental Health Association.

Mental illness and addiction issues affect people of all ages, educational and income levels, and cultures. Almost one half (49%) of those who feel they have suffered from depression or anxiety have never gone to see a doctor about this problem. The unemployment rate among persons with a serious mental illness or addiction is close to 90%. CMHA can help people develop the skills needed and the work experience to return to the competitive labour market. Canadian Mental Health Association is a registered charity (118834126). Every donation will receive a charitable receipt for income tax purposes.

For more information, please contact:


Liz Grummett at 705-726-5033 ext 512 or


Lynne Raimondi 705-726-5033 Ext. 536 or


ways of giving.


In Memoriam
An In Memoriam gift allows you to pay tribute to someone by making a donation in their memory. A special letter will be sent to the family of the person you are remembering with your gift. In Memoriam donations can be cash, cheque or credit card.


Monthly Giving
Maximize the impact of your donation so that it makes a difference to the many people who access our services. You can set up a plan to make tax-deductible donations in a way that is easy and convenient to you, and support us on an ongoing basis. A tax receipt will be sent to you at the end of the year. Please contact the branch to make arrangements.


Planned Giving
There are many different ways to make a Planned Gift. Gifts can be tailored to your personal and financial circumstances.


The most common type of planned gift is a charitable bequest in a person’s Will. However, more and more Canadians are realizing the benefits of giving through other methods, such as gifts of publicly traded stocks and mutual funds and life insurance policies.


Planned gifts are easy to set up and they can provide you with:


  • Current and future income tax savings
  • Estate tax savings and planning benefits
  • A lifetime income for you and/or your spouse
  • Philanthropic satisfaction knowing that you have made a commitment to your community mental health care and helped CMHA strive for the branch’s vision of mentally healthy people in a healthy society


Making a Gift of Marketable Securities

To transfer securities to the Canadian Mental Health Association, please complete all required information on page 2 of the linked form below, and fax to all three numbers listed on the bottom of the form (CMHA, Our Broker, Your Broker).

gift of marketable securities

For further information on making a Planned Gift, please contact the branch at 705-726-5033 ext 512 or 536

Corporate Donations

A corporate donation gives a business the opportunity to partner with the branch by making an in-kind donation. Please contact the office to make arrangements.
Scholarship Fund
It is with great pleasure that we are able to offer a new Scholarship program. The funds we are able to raise will provide financial assistance to mental health individuals accessing our services. Through this Scholarship program it is our goal to promote continuing education courses at the college and / or university level.


Other Ways to Give
There are several ways to support the agency other than a financial donation:

  • Fundraise Now: Hosting an event with the proceeds to the branch
  • In-kind donations etc.

For more information contact Liz Grummett at 705-726-5033 ext 512 or,

or Lynne Raimondi at 705-726-5033 ext 536 or


benefits to you.


Your monthly gift to the Canadian Mental Health Association, Simcoe County Branch means that:


  • You make one decision – and your gift keeps working month after month to support a cause you believe in
  • Giving is easier and more convenient. Once you’ve signed up, your donation becomes automatic until you advise us otherwise – no cheques to write and no chance of your donation getting lost in the mail
  • Giving smaller monthly gifts of $10, $15, $20 or any amount you choose, is a simple and affordable way to support the branch’s work all year round
  • Your gift is tax deductible and you will receive one cumulative tax receipt at the end of the year
  • Your monthly gift gives you the satisfaction of knowing that you are making an ongoing and significant difference to the lives of people in Simcoe County affected by mental illness and mental health related difficulties

frequently asked questions.

1. How do I get started?

Online forms are available for you to download and complete.

2. Who do I speak to at CMHA about the Monthly Giving Plan?

Please contact:

Liz Grummett, Manager of Resource Development,
(705) 726-5033 ext. 512 or


Lynne Raimondi, Resource Development,
(705) 726-5033 Ext. 536 or

3. What happens if I move or change banks or credit card?

The Monthly Giving Plan will continue. Telephone us at (705) 726-5033 to inform us of any changes.

For more information contact:


Liz Grummett, Manager of Resource Development,
(705) 726-5033 ext. 512 or


Lynne Raimondi, Resource Development,
(705) 726-5033 Ext. 536 or

4. Can more money than has been authorized be taken from my account?

No. Only the amount you designate on the form can be taken from your account.

5. How will I know that CMHA is receiving my donation?

Your monthly credit card or bank statement will indicate that CMHA has made an automatic withdrawal.

6. Do I receive a tax receipt?

Yes. After the end of the calendar year you will receive one tax receipt for the entire amount of your donations for that year. For example, a $20 per month donation will result in a $240 tax receipt for the year.

7. Can I change the amount of my monthly gift?

Yes, Simply telephone us at (705) 726-5033 to inform us of any changes.
For more information contact:


Liz Grummett, Manager of Resource Development,
(705) 726-5033 ext. 512 or


Lynne Raimondi, Resource Development,
(705) 726-5033 Ext. 536 or

8. Can I cancel my donation?

Yes. You can cancel at any time. Simply telephone us at (705) 726-5033.
For more information contact:


Liz Grummett, Manager of Resource Development,
(705) 726-5033 ext. 512 or


Lynne Raimondi, Resource Development,
(705) 726-5033 Ext. 536 or